Run to Live, Live to Run

Monday, April 02, 2007

I left my heart in San Francisco (but I'll be back soon)

Hello everyone, happy April to all...it's been awhile but I have a very good reason...exploring. While the Northeast was thawing out from winter's last gasp, I took the opportunity to make a very overdue and long awaited virgin pilgrimage to the Golden Gate of the West...San Francisco. What a town, by far the most unique place I believe to have visited in this vast country of ours. From wonderful meals (Sushi Sushi!) to exhilarating rides up Powell St. on the Trolley to a bikeride across that big red bridge (yeah that one), the weather was perfect & the trip was far too short...cannot wait to go back. Here are some pictoral highlights...

Here is the most recognizable piece of the skyline, the Transamerica Pyramid, stretching with it's wings 48 stories high...


And also the Palace of Fine Arts, the only building left from the 1915 World Exposition...


The very majestic and beautiful Grace Cathedral, by far the largest and grandest place of worship in the city (gotta love a church with a gift shop)

And then there's Lombard St. aka the crookedest street, but given that the hill has a 27 percent incline, it definitely makes the ride a little easier...

And now we have the world famous residents of Pier 39, the sea lions, who seem to know when their picture is being taken...




























Now you see why it's the most photographed bridge in the world...

Do me a favor, if you haven't been to this wonderful jewel of a city, go now. And if you have, go again...I know I will very soon.

No comments: